View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools vs Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I've just joined this forum to see how protools has progressed since last using it over 10 years, ago and am thinking of going back as a "delivery software" to send to any PT editors, for TV, Commercials and Film

I jumped to Reaper too, and love it although if we are honest, it does so many things, 10 times over that its a bit of a cluster**** even after spending days on actions and macros customizing it.

My only jump in to this great thread, is that if a lot of you are jumping from Pro tools to Reaper, how do you deliver to people who are working down the line and want PT sessions?

I would like to use Reaper as its quicker and faster, but most Television industry, have no clue what Reaper is. Would I still need PT as an 'end of line' compiler to send out finished cues?
Or do composers/sound designers actually use Reaper and get compatibility with PT?

Just a genuine question before I jump into the Avid waters

I'm a little bit late to the party. I have PT 10 and 11 but Reaper is my DAW. So much easier to use, never crashes etc. Not to mention that downloading an installing an upgrade takes less than 1 minute (ha! not kidding). But I do advise to keep PT because for delivering sessions to most pro users PT is still the standard.

So I can create a soundtrack with VSTs etc. etc. but I'd deliver a PT session, nicely labeled and organized, with comments, etc. There's a great program called AA Translator in case you need convert Reaper sessions to PT session or vice versa.