View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:15 PM

Default AES routing issue in 12.8?

Trying to make a 2 ch mix onto a stereo audio track, using AES input and outputs. I see the Input signal going to my RME Raydat card mixer... but it never shows on the track input. I have also tried this in an old version of Nuendo 3.2, and their AES is routed to the exact same chans that PT says it is... and it works like a dream. I have selected the DEFAULT i/o settings in PT and even though I see that it is being routed to the same chans that Nuendo was... it just doesn't show up on the track when on input or record. Seeing that it worked with another program, I know it's NOT the RME Raydat interface card. Also, I am taking a stereo digital signal directly from my Sony DMX r100 console, directly into the AES XLR input of the card so there is nothing else in the way. I also checked my PC and when I play iTunes or youtube... it is playing back through the AES of my audio card just fine. I am beginning to think that this may be a "BUG" inside 12.8? Anyone else here run into this issue of the AES input routing not coming together? It has to be this. I'm going to try and go to the next version of PT and see if it corrects itself. Any comments? Thanks.