View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 6.1.2 on OS 10.28 or upgrade to Pant

Quote:
Hey Cosmic,
keep us updated on how you fair in 6.4ville. I have pretty much the same set up as you so I'd be most interested! I bought panther a while ago but am too freaked out to install it and jump to 6.4, I've simply seen too many posts here under the head "Serious recording bug in 6.4". I run my own business recording primarily on the laptop with the 002 Rack and CANNOT afford (financially) to let clients down midsession.
So keep me updated if you don't mind!!

thanks and good luck
steve
no problem steve,
but i must warn you...i am on the opposite end of the spectrum as far as the folks who use this kind of stuff. i am the pure hobbyist just trying to get the music in my head in a form that's as close to that. i too have had my doubts about making the upgrades because of the issues i had in getting this stuff up and running (i'm also still learning how to use a lot of it). but if you read through that "serious recording bug in 6.4" you'll see some people mention the issue in earlier versions and that it isn't just in the newest version. but i wouldn't take the risk if i was in your shoes...but you should go to panther and nab the previous version of PT. the new layout in 6.4 is nice though. i'll let you know if anything bad happens, but so far, so good.
OS 10.4.6
002 mixing board w/ PT 7.1.1cs