View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 PM

Post Issues resolved and not resolved by 10.2

Ok, firstly: thank you AVID for updating the installer and for the new patch it actually installs where I want it to now (yay!) and there has been some much needed improvements to PT.

Here is my list as to what has been fixed (on my system anyways) and what hasn't.

FIXED:
-Video playback not scrubbing
-more stable*/ less overall crashing
-most midi issues have been resolved
-some import issues have been resolved- less "neo-assertion" errors
-installer now installs completely and will detect if restart/ uninstall is needed- FANTASTIC new installer. Much faster install, and more options that um... actually do what you tell it to. Nice job!
-Play now seems to unpack correctly and not sound tin-like upon open, but more research/usage will be necessary before I give this a "fixed" label.

Now for the bad news...
NOT FIXED or WORSE:
-SEVERE CRASHING under certain settings... see next post below.
-Resource management is very poor/CPU usage is far too high (still better overall)
-occasionally setting the velocity levels on a midi track with a lot of midi data will completely crash the system. (rare, but still happens)
-Random "out of CPU power" errors where there shouldn't be any...
-Trouble loading older sessions with some corrupted data (this makes sense, i'll give you this one) as it crashes PT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Stability determined by overall workflow verses crashing ratio, ratio is considerably higher for the latest build, but still not desirable.

Note: I will update this as necessary.

Thank guys for the help, and thanks AVID for finnally releasing an update, my workflow has improved, now I don't have to restart every 10 minutes... instead I just restart every few hours.

And before you ask... yes I have prepared my system optimization and yes done complete and full uninstalls... ect. And for the purposes of testing/diagnostics I did install it to the default location.

Pro Tools 11 HD, 64Gb ram, 12tb SSD, 1909
HD Omni/Thunderbolt Native
A bucketload of libraries
www.Reverbnation.com/jedediahjenk
www.soundcloud.com/jedediahjenk
notedmusic.wix.com/jedediahjenk