View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 07:39 PM

Default Odd Windows system clone issue

So, I have 3 Samsung SSD'd that I rotate as drive C:. One is the latest of everything, one is the previous version of Pro Tools(2018.10 in this case) and the 3rd is a clone of either of the first too. In the last couple of cloning attempts with Acronis, the cloned drive works exactly as the source EXCEPT for one problem I cannot seem to solve: The on-board sound will not work, which means Windows ONLY sees my interface(003rack) and therefor, locks the sample rate at 44.1K(I do most of my work at 48K). I checked in BIOS and the onboard audio is enabled. I downloaded the latest audio driver from the motherboard site(ASUS) and ran the installer and nothing will make the onboard sound functional. If I swap back to the source drive(the one that I used to clone the other), the onboard sound works fine. Its a Sabertooth X79 motherboard. I managed to get Reflect to do a clone that does work, but one of the drives is a 256GB(other 2 are 500GB) and Reflect can't seem to cope with the mismatched size(going from a 500GB to the 256GB), even though the total used space of drive C: is less than 256(actually reports around 232GB). Tried working Acronis both from within Windows, and from the boot disk(no difference). Any insights?

In case it matters, all SSD drives are in Icydock adapter cases(to fit where a 3.5" drive fits) and all are installed(for operation) in the same drive cage slot(I put drives in a BlacX USB dock for cloning). I also tried cloning with the destination drive in another drive cage slot(its a 3 slot cage installed in the tower).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave