Thread: HDX Latency
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 04:38 AM

Default Re: HDX Latency

Thanks for the feedback and I agree with the idea that direct discussion with TS is always helpful for the company and our issues. I will experiment with a newer OS and newer version of PT this week. I have waited on hold a few times while doing the trouble shooting but never actually spoke to a tech, but I will keep trying. I have spoken directly to some avid people who have known of the issue. I also post to ideal scale frequently so I'm am trying to keep the information in the public and avid arena. I rarely have time to trouble shoot, discuss it with tech support, do the recommended tests and get back in touch to report back with updated information. Usually I figure out a solution and get back to work. Todays approach is to make two new fresh start up disks with different os and matching recommended pt versions 12.4 versus 12.71 ( and uad versions) , optimize both for PT use and check the behaviors when changing between sample rate sessions and their delay cmp behaviors. It seems like in my case the hardware doesn't like the sample rate changes. The system doesn't switch between sessions with different sample rates gracefully( It requires recycling the system.... )so I'm curious if that plays a role in delay cmps sporadic inconsistency. Im also not sure the latency issues are the same as the delay compensation issues. Just so you know... I use no plugins on the auxes or master faders and the analog out of 7 channels go directly to a hearback system from auxes dedicated to each physical out. Thanks D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NomadicWax.com