View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Recording Multiple MIDI Outputs Simultaneously

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have you actually read the manual for MDrummer? I downloaded it to see what it's about and as I suspected you are completely misunderstanding things. The mixer does NOT output MIDI but audio and there are only 8 audio channels. The only MIDI routing is to the input of MDrummer - that's it. Set Mdrummer to output whatever drum you want to whatever of the 8 audio channels exist. Then do as I wrote about the aux and audio channels. I do that so if I want to or need to make changes in the MIDI driving the vi I can without having to deleted any recorded audio. What I also do and forgot to mention is to record the MIDI I have driving the vi which is mandatory if you want to change the drum used for a particular kit piece. Say I have in BFD3 a DW 5.5x14 snare and want a different sound like the same size snare but one from Sonor or whatever I have available to BFD3 I can do that and not have to replay the MIDI.

Something I've done for kicks is to completely change the kit piece from say that snare to a cymbal - gives a radically different sound and feel that may take things in a whole 'nother direction.
Thanks for actually looking at the manual. I took a look at it quickly and it was a bit confusing to me. When u say you record the MIDI, so u can change a drum after the recording, do you create a midi track and route the entire kit to it, or does the instrument track that has the actual MDrummer plugin inserted save as MIDI? Either way, you enable record on that Instrument track, right?