View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 01:30 PM

Default Re: 2019.12 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Same experience here. Feels much more stable and quicker overall. Maybe this last version of the decade is a winner

I totally agree with Southside music. I literally worked 9 hours on some scoring and mixing, adding a bunch of VI's and live parts. Everything seems very solid here to me. I was happy pretty much with the previous version, but this one is definitely more solid. I am not going to be running Catalina for a while until the video codecs are sorted out along with just having all of my plugins running for sure at 64 bit.

BTW, I am STILL seeing, although not as much, this issue when I playback a highlighted section in the timeline of an audio clip I get an error message that says that the video stopped or something.. A fix I found was to put Protools into a few seconds of Post Roll. Then it does not happen. It still seems to happen, but only happened after a few hours of working now.

Here is my original discussion link here: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407076
Attached Images
File Type: png The Avid Video Engine Stopped.png (27.2 KB, 0 views)
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS