View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:59 AM

Default Re: macOS 10.14 Mojave and “cheese grater” Mac Pros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh-H View Post
Hello,

If it's not a Mac card or a PC card specifically flashed to be a Mac-compatible card, it's usable in a MP after the drivers are loaded but you will not see the boot manager screen when using the option key. One of our MPs had a PC card, we changed to a Mac card for that reason. We do drive cloning/restore, maintenance, etc. using the boot manager so that was necessary for us.

Hugh

Yea I fully understand that. I was just confused by his comment on saying sometimes the boot screen does not show, and other times it does show. To me that is just plain conflicting, it does not make sense, it cannot happen. Either the card has the EFI on it to display the boot screens or it does not. Though like I mentioned, if using 4K or higher settings or wrong protocols it is possible to not get the actual display of the boot screen because these are incompatible user settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691
When I start my 2012 cheesegrater with Samsung monitor the screen sometimes stays blank (black) after the pong sound and about 15 seconds later I get a usable desktop. Other times after getting the pong sound I'll get a grey screen and a loading progress bar and again 15 seconds after the pong I have a usable desktop.
This is further funny sounding after he also stated he can always access the boot volume selection screen, which is an EFI screen. That would indicate he should always see the boot screen (as in the grey screen with apple logo and progress bar). Honestly I was just pointing out something that sounded strange because if it displays the boot screen randomly that is a sign something is wrong whether it is the hardware starting to fail or user settings.

OSX 10.13.6 - Pro Tools 2018.12 - Presonus Studio 192 / Digi 003 Rack+
Focusrite Clarett OctoPre - AKG HPE6 - DBX160A - WA76