View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 06:40 PM

Default Re: What Firewire PC Cards will work with MBOX 2 Pro

Hi Darryl,
Thanks so much for the information. I had not been able to find it. I did see some references to TI, but the statements referring to it did not say that any TI firewire chipset works.

The reasons for wanting to keep and use my old hardware is that I like it and I hate throwing things away that have nothing wrong with them. I also do not have very much money to spend in trying to get something back up and running. So I decided to piece together a desktop system that will let me continue to use the tools I love and know how to use (if I can). I really detest how everything constantly changes all the time. If I have a tool that works and lets me do the creative work I want to do, why should I constantly have to upgrade to new hardware and software versions and have to relearn how to do what I already know how to do. I believe this to be a waste of my time and money.

With regard to OS, I have read that the MBox 2 Pro driver for Windows is not supported on Windows 10, so for Windows, I would probably have to be running Windows 7, I guess. I hear what you are saying about ProTools LE. The version I own is ProTools 8.