View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Any reason to renew?

I let my plan lapse as of 12.7 putting me in what I'll call my "second cycle" of "lapse time" before I reinstate. As someone who works to picture 12 has been a disappointment. For a recent test I did for a new gig I had to roll back to 11.3 to work with video for smooth video playback. Ridiculous! I have had terrible 9173 errors when reinstalling 12.7. Sometimes it resolves by quitting the session and reloading but still. I am getting more broken takes than ever before and they want me to pay $999 to reinstate?

As I stated in another thread I have been toying with Harrison MixBus which sounds really good but I move so fast in Pro Tools it's hard to justify the change in workflow. Would love to give 12.8.3 a test run but I think I am going to sit out another cycle before reinstating and even then I intend to look for a discount as the one that came across in December where a vendor sent me an email stating a 20% discount on Avid products which would bring my price down to $799, which is still stupidly expensive for reinstatement for what we are getting.