View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Warning: Current DD client will not work on Snow Leopard (without installing Rose

I appreciate this is a Digidesign forum and Digidelivery is now owned by Aspera (who I have to say were very helpful when I contacted them with problems getting my server to work), but is there any actual likelihood of the DD client ever being updated? The server seems to work pretty well, but the client is buggy and in need of a good overhaul. I can't see that it would be that lengthy a process to sort it out or to port it to run natively on Intel Macs. Presumably Aspera bought Digidelivery to make money from it, but with a buggy and out of date client how long will sales continue?

The problem I have is I bought a server, and then encouraged customers to install the client, but they then report it crashes or deliveries fail and ask to go back to using ftp next time. If its left too long Digidelivery will just die a death I think, assuming from Aspera's point of view it hasn't already?

Chris, I'm not sure if you ever look at this forum any more, but if you do can we have an update as to how things are progressing? If ever there is a new client I'd be very happy to beta (or alpha) test it.

Thanks,

Phill.