View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Midas M32 as Control Surface

I have the m32r and no there is no pan function ( I am mistaken as I just figured out a way to do it read below post), just mute, solo, faders, my faders are so noisy when tracking automation, it’s a shame, I think the bigger M32 is better as far as noisy faders go. There are some other functions as well. When in remote daw mode, holding down the group DCA 1-8 you can bank by group of daw channels or one track at a time you will see the scribble scripts change to bank left bank right and also There is left right up down for selective g tracks or moving left or right through your timeline. I set up the custom assign buttons 5,6,7,8 for banking as you don’t have to hold down the group button and then tap mute buttons to bank through tracks just tap them once it’s much better. Hold down bus1-8 to set a track in record ready and your mute buttons become record ready buttons, matrix Main button changes the mute buttons to transport no need to hold it down, and this one is kinda funny hit fader flip and you will see the mute buttons say “touch” all this does is light the mute button when you “touch a fader” sillypan would have been much better to have. I have not messed with midi to try and see if I can get a knob to be assigned for panning, but it’s easy enough to use the pro tools iPad app which i do in conjunction with the M32 daw remote. It’s Econ based so they work together st the same time. Great for soloing tracks as you don’t have to scroll through banks to hit solo and you CAN PAN I just figured out how to use a assign button and an encoder to be able to scrub or set to shuttle.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control

Last edited by lancemcv; 06-07-2019 at 07:32 PM.