View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 01:59 PM

Default Re: PT 2019 Dynamic Transport Meddling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinaston View Post
Grown a huge long beard here waiting for further action on this dynamic transport issue which continues to contribute to less than desirable workflow issues. I am currently battling to try to install 2020.5 with the normal 4 hour head scratching routine to get this new version to work...missed the previous version (2020.3) because no alert was ever received that one was available so if the dynamic transport issue has been resolved in that update then I apologise, otherwise, I am not normally known to beg for anything but seriously I am begging you to at least give us a legacy Dynamic Transport behaviour option, asap, the new dynamic transport operation is not dynamic at all, it creates havoc in advanced workflow, adds hours of tedium and frustration and results in sub-standard end product...please. I am past moaning and fighting with other single-minded prats just wanting a ruckus on here about this, just put it back to how it was, NO ADVANTAGE as far as I am aware, and I use Pro Tools all day, every day, was gained by changing the way it behaves...cheers
Well, 2020.5 is now installed, and running, so I have once again experimented with the dynamic transport to see if it will do what it was originally designed to do, and which worked perfectly, for decades without any good reason to change it, and which gave Pro Tools the edge over all other DAWs...nope. It remains, a meddled-with mess, non-dynamic transport, by way of it's very title, it should allow dynamic clip selection on the fly, zap,zap,zap, quick, fast, accurate editing, instead it just seems to do anything but; relying on a clip being selected with "link timeline and edit selection" being activated, then deactivated when editing within the clip, otherwise every time a new selection is made it cocks up the original selection...I can't even be bothered to go on describing this nonsense, it is the biggest shot in the foot for pro audio editing ever in the history of, pro audio editing, it is now, "Amateur Tools". Please sort this out, the joke wore very thin very quickly, now it has become a sick one. No option in preferences either. Very, very, bad...