View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 03:19 PM

Which other products on AVID's list of "Windows Compatible Audio Interfaces" are known to have compatibility problems! Maybe jeffro can get them removed when he gets some of the Fast Tracks added! http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=368238 Odd that AVID is still selling it at their online store! (http://shop.avid.com/store/ccrz__Pro...00000000125AAA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post
I´m sorry for you that you are experiencing those issues.
Indeed its a tough decision because the Quartet is a very cool product in general.
If your main machine will be a Windows/PC however I would tend to recommend to get an RME interface instead anyway.
Its just that if you read all the entries here in the Pro Tools Duet/Quartet section, you come to the conclusion that obviously
there is something wrong with those Avid drivers and software and Avid seems not really be working on that to solve it.
Other experienced and very knowledgable users like Darryl Ramm already have talked about Avid falling behind on support
or even deciding to abandon yet another product which they often have done this way in the past with products which had
become to difficult to support further on as to too many issues.

Although I personally love the Quartet as a product in general, I still would go to replace it with an RME interface just because
it will be the by far more future proof solution for Windows/PC users than the Pro Tools Duets/Quartets.
Let me say that just from my personal experience for PC RME would also be the better choice than Audient who make great products
for sure. Its just what I have experienced being in this business for decades.

Anyway.
Wishing you the very best for your future system and may you have lots of fun with it after this difficult start whichever route you
decide to go finally.

All the best, VRW

Last edited by Amack; 05-29-2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Add link to online store