View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Did not receive a new license for Pro Tools 12.6 yet

So I made this mistake as well. Past PT 12 updates did not require a license update to run, so after seeing Avid announcements on social media and seeing the installer in my account, I think it is reasonable to assume that the software is ready to install. I've been having some issues with 12.5.2 that I was hoping to resolve, so 12.6 bug fixes are highly anticipated. The license issue was a showstopper. This would be a minor annoyance. Rolling back isn't too much of an issue. However, Avid has removed 12.5.2 installers from my account. I only have access 12.5.0 for some reason. I had to contact support to get the legacy installers that I've rightfully paid for and continue to pay for with my support plan which caused further delay.

My time is valuable. I don't appreciate it being wasted. If Avid is going to make these kinds of announcements, the customer has a reasonable expectation that things are ready to go. If that isn't the case, I'd be far less disappointed if it was simply communicated that way.

I suppose as an isolated incident it isn't that big of a deal, but considering the litany of fumbles Avid has made since the PT12 launch, it illustrates all the reasons I have lost confidence in the company. This is the easy part. If you can't get this right, what other things must be going wrong under the surface?

Last edited by jeffro; 09-29-2016 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Support Case 03046581