View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Looking to purchase New Mac for pro tools, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Congratulations on both 40 years of marital bliss AND that she's understanding enough to allow that gear collection. I have to ask about your music room - is it part of the house or what? And how's the sound leakage, given the amps listed and that DW kit. Love their sound; who's cymbals? Partial to Sabians.

You're the first person here that I can remember that references West/Bruce/Laing - shame they didn't do more.
Thank you! Yeah, she's a keeper!

The music room is actually a loft bedroom. And it's crowded. Other than a little flutter that I'm trying to fix, the room sounds pretty good with minimal sound treatment. As far as leakage, well, it's like there IS NO wall! I live in a rural area, so volume isn't a problem but I shut down when the sun goes down. I'm having issues with tendons in my fret hand so I'm not playing much right now. I had the Marshall 5C less than a day when I ordered new Ruby preamp tubes (same as TAD 7025 S) and a replacement speaker. Really woke up that little tone monster. I also have a Laney Nexus SLS and an Ampeg Pro3 SVT with a Heritage 4x10. There is no escaping that one, either.

The DWs are monsters in their own right. I have them tuned low. 10, 12, 14 18 inch toms with 18x24 kick. The 18 will almost create an earthquake. That's what I want them all to do. Cymbal stands are 5000 series. High Hat and all other stands are 9000 series. I use Zeildjain "A"s. They are the new ones that are made like the 1960s "A"s. I want to swap out the crashes for crash/rides and change from 14" hats to 15. I'm kind of old school, huh?

Actually, I think that quote was from the album, "Mountain: The Road Goes on Forever (Live), right when they kick off "Long Red." I'm a guitar player, but Felix made me fall in love with the sound of his bass. That EB-3 just drove the snot out of his SUNNs.

I have two grandsons, ages 7 and 10, that live with us. They each have their own 3/4 size Fender bullet Strats and Orange 30watt SS amps. One day all this stuff will be theirs. It just warms my heart when I hear, "Hey! Papaw! That's Steppenwolf!" Or "Hey! Papaw! That's Blue Oyster Cult!" "That's Led Zeppelin!" "Hey! Papaw! That's Black Sabbath!" I think that's better than the over processed junk on the radio today.