View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 05:27 PM

Default Re: HELP with a RTAS Processor Question with 7.4 and a G5 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by session48 View Post
Hello,

I have an old set-up: A 002rack with PT 7.4, a G5 2.5 running OS 10.4.9. The Mac is a M9457LLA (2005)

Looking at the RTAS processors in the Playback Engine in Pro Tools,it shows only 1 processor, with no option the select 2. I checked the "ABOUT THIS COMPUTER" on the G5 and it shows number of CPU's as 1. I always though it had two.

I've had the system so long, that the only thing I ever needed to change in the PT "Playback Engine" ,was the H/W Buffer Size and never really paid attention to the RTAS processor section in that window.

My question is: Should I have an option to select 2 processors with the G5 2.5 and 7.4? or did one of the CPU's go bad on the G5 and now both the G5 and PT 7.4 show only 1 processor?

Any info would be Greatly appreciated ! Thanks

Hi,

Doubt it was a dual processor G5. probably a single processor? unless you're absolutely certain it was a dual. doubt it would fail on one processor and keep working ok.

If the mac system says its a single then its a single and PT will only see one processor.

Buy a 2009 12 core with 24 virtual processors

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.