View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Thunderbolt woes

I have an Asus X299 TUF with the Asus ThunderboltEX card and it works. There were a couple things I needed to do to get it going. I don't have the manual in front of me but there are 3 specific things: It needed to be in Slot 4-2 only (just above the bottom slot on my board). The mobo manual will have a diagram showing the slot numbers. It needed to also be connected to the TB header on the mobo. In the Bios I had to configure Slot 4-2 to enable Thunderbolt. Also. in windows 10 when you connect a Thunderbolt device you have to actively allow it to connect the first time and set the conditions as Always or Just Once, something along those lines. When I first connected a TB device to my system I saw a notification but it wasn't until I clicked the notification that I saw those options.

If I recall, the card doesn't show up until you connect a device. I'd have to double check it but it seems like it wasn't in device manager until it was being use. I could be wrong. I haven't had it for very long but it hasn't been a problem since I got it going.