View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 03:29 AM

Default Re: PT 10.3 HD just keeps stopping - help please

Hi guys - I am on HDX and just posted this on the PT on Mac forum ...

Anybody else having this trouble with 9171 and 9172 errors on Mountain Lion?

I have an HDX1 with PT10.3.2 on OSX 10.8.1 and cannot get the HDX card test to run at all. Digitest gives an error 1103.

I've had an embarrassing number of crashes in front of clients clients with 9171 and 9172 errors since this new build on a 12G Ram equipped 2x 2.4GHz 6-core Intel Xeon Mac Pro with a Blackmagic Extreme sharing vid ref from a PAL SD Black Magic sync generator via a sync I/O. Checking the forums there seems to be a fair bit of noise about it, but the knowledge base suggests this is not a CPU task conflict or sync problem, but rather a HD Native / Thunderbolt / Sleep issue - none of which are relevant at my place.

Seems to be pretty random - any size session; any CPU usage setting, any cache setting, no tracks, many tracks; no plug-ins, many plug-ins; busy edits and automation, simple no-automation bounce; with or without video; during a bounce or once, I believe, even standing idle. Have trashed preferences and databases every time (this can get tedious in a client session) and all seems good for a while then it hits again. Have changed processors from 12-24 from 85% to 99%, changed cache from Normal to 9G - same symptoms. I'm running two 192 I/O's, a Mic Pre, Sync I/O (SD), D-Command (with and without the firmware upgrade), and various digital and analogue outboard gear.

Anyone seen and fixed this at all? Any ideas? Had the same issue with 10.3.1.

Is anyone using HDX happily on Mountain Lion?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.