View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Virtual instrument latency problems!!!!!

Well, I think I figured out what I was doing wrong!........the midi track and instrument track I was trying to record 'input quantzed' midi on was set to samples instead of ticks........I've just recently upgraded to PT 7.3.1 from 6.4 and forgot about the ticks/samples option....once I switched both of those tracks to ticks, my quantizing worked properly.....my click track is also set to ticks.......since it's working now I'm assuming that's what the click track needs to be set to as well....so I guess all of the other latency stuff was irrelevant......but I'll answer your additional questions anyway because I appreciate you taking the time to help me!!
-All of my PT sessions are on an external firewire drive
-my BFD data is on a seperate internal drive
-the BFD application is on my system drive
-I'm using BFD version 1.5.46 B8 (downloaded from FXpansion after original install of v1.5.45) that upgrade fixed a lot of the original issues I was having with Pro Tools freezing up or quitting altogether when trying to use BFD.

Playback engine page:
-I now have my RTAS processors set to '2 processor'
-my CPU usage limit is set to 85%.....should it be higher? it gives me the option to set it to 99%...
-Buffer still set at 512....but.....
In general, what is the best way to determine proper buffer size? I usually only record one track at a time but I do have some sessions coming up that will require tracking multiple instruments ( up to 12)....what would be a good buffer setting for that?

Lastly, I realized yesterday that I cannot open the 'BFD Launch ReWire application' but I can open the BFD (Core Audio) and the BFD ReWire Applet......I had read that using BFD with ReWire was more efficient.....what's your opinion on that? And how do you usually use BFD? Stereo? Groups? All? Ultra? ReWire?
any suggestions are very useful to me at this stage !

Thanks so much for you help!

-Scott

Mac OS 10.9
PT 11.1.1
Eleven Rack