View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I'm seeing your latter thought in a completely different light. With R11 being what it is (a plugin) is there really any reason for a developer to go through the added time & expense of creating a RE? Especially if you can feed daw audio into the R11 rack devices. Not to be snotty but what would having an RE version of say UVI Falcon do for one?

BTW I have an email in to Blue Cat support asking about routing individual outs from a multi-out vi hosted in Patchwork to PT. Wonder what will come of that; the Patchwork manual doesn't really address that bit of business.

Well, for Falcon, probably not. But, for many others there is good reason to consider it. For one thing, you can do things in the rack that you really just can't do any other way, or at least not easily. For example, CPU permitting, you could put 4 instances of say, Synape Audio Dune 3 in a Combinator, and create some cool, multilayered patches, controlled and/or modified with other various rack devices, all on 1 instrument track. To do that outside the rack you'd have to have multiple instrument tracks, and multiple instances of the rack etc. So, I can see some good use for that. Of course, if no one will create RE versions of their gear, then Reason hosting VSTs in any DAW would be the simpler solution!

I'll be curious to see what you hear back from BC Audio on that. I haven't had a chance to go into my studio to experiment with using multiple outs. I may do that and see what's what. Seems like I did something like that a long while back, but can't recall what I did exactly or which project it was on.