View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 09:04 AM

Default Re: SCSI Drives Availabilty for old Mix Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
Which one did you end up getting?

If you got a mirror drive door model, you need to make sure it is a model with only FW400(the FW800 models can't boot os9). The FW400 mdds need a special version of OS9.2 called Os9 General... It's on the original install disks. That's really the only stumbling block I think you'll have.

There should not be anything quirky with the quicksilver or earlier compared to setting up the yikes(You obviously already have the correct usb floppy drive if you're using floppy auth plugins on a yikes, that's really the hardest thing to find).
Hi,

I actually have two other CPU systems.

System 1.
G4 Dual 450 PM3,3
Boot ROM 4.2.8f1
FW 400
USB High speed
18GB syst drive
System installed: 10.4.9

This was given to me with a brand new virgin install with a lot of non-music software. I would like to explore leaviing it as is, if possible and use it with my 888/24 and 1622 and PT.

System 2.
G5 Dual 2.7 GHz Model PM 7.3 (pre-Intel)
CPU PowerPC G5 (3.1)
bus speed 1.35 GHz
Boot Rom: 5.2.4f1
FW 800 (FW 400 card installed)
System 10.4.9
Software: Logic 7, Final Cut Pro 6
Apogee Ensemble Interface

I use this with Logic and Final Cut and love it. I also use my Mix Plus/Yikes system to finish about 25 projects from the past. My understanding is that this G5 machine cannot be upgraded to current System versions and current software, (it is stuck in time like the Yikes). That's OK I do not need to change it. I have all the install disks.

My options for the 888/24 and 1622 are what I need to explore:

A. Install the cards in the newer G4 and acquire a newer PT version (6,7,8...)

B. Install the cards in the G5 and acquire a newer PT version (6,7,8...). With this I can use the TDM hardware with Logic as well as use PT.

I would ideally like to use the G5 for both Logic and PT. and only have one system.

I know this is a lot more than my original question, but since my Yikes/PT 5.1.1 system is now appearing to be so fragile, any advice would be great.

Thanks