View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Downloading updates for v5 now as i type , I am just happy the GUI is apparently fixed in Solina and the Vox continental (guess i will have to wait and see if it's better)as the Vox and Solina GUI's were so blurry for me, It was almost unusable and gave me a headache just looking at them on the screen, and they were my 2 favourite instruments of the lot.

After upgrading from v4 to v5 , I did contact Arturia support a few times asking when they would fix the blurriness of Solina and Vox and they would never acknowledge it was blurry, and even though they issued many updates for those instruments, they never got around to fixing those blurry GUI's. Now though in V6, Arturia are bragging about the GUI improvements , so I guess I was not the only one who must have been complaining.
- I just hope these Gui improvements translate through to my V5 instruments as well.

Other notable thoughts of V5 is the V5 Piano to me was a real DUD compared to others I already owned (I hated it actually and thought of it as cringeworthy) , and now V6 is saying they have added 3 more piano emulation tones to it and compressor (big deal) "to the existing piano in V5" ..., Does that mean its the same terrible piano but with 3 new presets, I won't know, therefore I will have to let others be the judge of those ?

Regarding the $199 V6 upgrade
, I am actually happy with my current range of instruments (except their piano), nor can I afford to be spending another $199 right now for V6 either. I think that $199 is already too expensive for an upgrade , especially after Black Friday's spend up, and now being this close to the xmas season and i am not paying that money for what V6 is offering.

I will pass on the $199 offer ( thats too overpriced already for an upgrade IMO), and I surely will not be paying $400 dollars later on for it thats for sure, so I guess thats a NO from me for the upgrade.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 12-06-2017 at 04:13 AM.