View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Stutter effect popping problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You're not using Izotope Stutter but working just inside PT? It sounds like your problem could be the loop/cut points are not on zero crossings of the waveform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Winn View Post
Not sure what you mean musicman691, I'm just cutting a long vocal note into 16th's and muting 3 of those cuts for the effect which can be seen in the tutorial link below. Should be a very simple procedure but there is no popping on the tutorial like there is on mine. I contacted the tut autor be he has not responded.

TUT Link:http://youtu.be/s-hmOzBms8w
Izotope Stutter is an effect sold by Izotope that helps do a stutter effect. And the other thing I was talking about is basic audio knowledge - if you're cutting at anything other than a zero crossing of an audio waveform (Google it) you're cutting at a point that has a lot of energy to it and can cause pops. It's also possible the audio you're trying to cut up has a lot of plosives on it or isn't as clean as you'd need it to be to do what is shown in the tutorial.

Recording Revolution is a bunch of people that put together tutorials that are pretty decent; there's no one author for all of them.

QAPLA!