View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Mac: internal Mic and Speakers I/O problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTexasDave View Post
So I went to Audio Midi Set up on my Mac, and now the mic is the working input, and the built-in speakers are the working output, meaning I have lots of feedback. I'm trying now to get my headphones to be the working output, which I've added to the Aggregate I/O on Audio Midi set up, but protools is not recognizing, even after restarting the software. How can I get my headphones to be the output?
This is not making sense, and I have a feeling you are not describing what very well what you are trying to set up.

What exactly do you mean by "external headphones". You mean bluetooth headphones or wired headphones? What *exact* make/model?

For conventional analog wired headphones: On a MacBook Air I believe the speakers and headphone socket are the same main out device. If you plug headphones into the the Mac headphone jack it should mute the speakers (and the icon in Audio MIDI setup audio page will change from speaker to headphones).

Do the headphones work with other applications with that laptop?

Attach a screen shot here of the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O page in Audio/Midi Setup showing all the details.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-20-2019 at 08:19 PM.