View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know? Or care?

Hello. What is it you are ultimately after? Is it just a pissing contest?
Quote:
Am I jealous..........uh.....hmm......HELL YEAH..there's just other features -LE- could have that would make it Undisputed...Top Dawg of the Native D.A.W.'s...I'd like my system to be able to hang with any and all competition!
Do you use your system for business or as a hobby? If it is for business, what does LE not have that you need for your business? And if it doesn't have it and you do need it for your business, why have you not gone for the correct tool for the job to satisfy your client?

If it is not for business, and it's just your personal use, there are roughly two major categories there. Professionals who use it to compose or edit and eventually do the bulk of their business elsewhere (film composing, Post, music, etc) or hobbyists. Hobbyists can be anything from a guy that messes with it once a month or a frustrated hopeful who has a day job but uses it a lot.

In any case, if it's not a commercial business, it seems to me that there is an element of a pissing contest just for the sake of it. You know, the old 'My DAW can do 200 surround tracks with 1000 plug ins, what can yours do?' Do you absolutely without a doubt need any of the features that LE doesn't have? Is it a dealbreaker? If it is, why are you using PT LE? If it's just a matter of being able to brag that your DAW can also do whatever, I just don't understand that.

In the final analysis, I don't ever have these dilemmas personally. Anyone familiar with my posting history knows that I advocate using many different software. Just like we use many different mics, compressors, mic pre's etc, I also use different software. So this is never an issue for me. is there a reason why you can't use both LE and Logic, or DP or Nuendo or Cubase or whatever?

That being said, if you absolutely, positively without a doubt need to only use one software, and that software must beyond a shadow of a doubt have these features you listed for you to get your work done, then isn't the answer already spelled out? Drop Pro Tools and move on to the software that gives you what you need.

If you just want these features just so you can know that you won a pissing contest, then I really don't know what to tell you there.