View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 04:44 AM

Default Re: New CLA Plugin - Looks Very Cool

Results of further testing:
16 track version of Comfortably Numb with 10 plugins - Waves Abbey Road Plates, Brainworx bassdude, Abbey Roads J37, Abbey Roads Mastering TG etc. Overall cpu load mid 30's with a couple of cpu indications in the middle of the pack in mid 40's. Inserted 16 instances of CLA with all sections enabled. Hit play and instant 9173. Make them inactive and I get the old play/pause bug. Remove all CLA instances and same thing - play/pause bites me.

Closing and reopening the session had no effect. The only thing that cleared the play/pause bug for this session was to quit PT and restart it. No other session was affected.

This is the only time I have ever been bitten by this bug.

And as somebody mentioned earlier in bucket view you don't see whatever plugin you have in the open slot on the channel.

Close but no cigar.

Besides I have other SSL channel strips - both of the SSL-branded (E and G) from Plugin Alliance as well as their non-SSL branded E. And also have both of the SSL-type channel strips from IKMM. None of which come near the cpu usage of CLA.

One last test - on that 40 track Tubular Bells session I wrote about earlier - I inserted 40 instances of Scheps Omni Channel with all sections enabled AND all the other plugins I have in that session hit play and it worked flawlessly with a max overall cpu load bouncing between 40 and 50%

QAPLA!