View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 08:19 AM

Default Re: MC5 and Protools 8HD multi mic tracks

Hey Chief

Thanks for your feedback. You say:

"then the best you can expect from an AAF is for the alternate source audio to appear in the Region List. You would still have to spot it to your timeline (hopefully via timestamp)."

To be honest this has been my original query. As said the initial exports did not contain the alternate source audio hence, I am trying to figure our whether there is something particular in the MC5 AAF export setting that was not taken in to account.

"Have the Avid editor sync the alternate source audio on audio tracks, create an AAF, and see what happens when you import that AAF into Pro Tools."

I think I can tell you before-hand, by that geeky instinct that gets developed throughout the years and some audio common sense, that in that case the alternate source audio will appear in the PT timeline just fine (and subsequently in the regions list).

I am really sorry to say but the point to this posting is how to export avoiding having the editor doing this, of course if it that is at all possible and permitted by the software features.

Many thanks

Antonis Tsoukatos