View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Unable to locate hardware when starting pro tools 9.0 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkalibur View Post
Hello,
If I understand correctly:
-Pro Tools are able to run without any M-Audio interface
-Pro Tools M-Powered are UNABLE to run without any M-Audio interface.

If this is correct, then I'm not very happy about this difference.
I use ProTools M-Powered and I find it very powerful, but if I understand the need to have a device to record, I don't understand why it would be mandatory to have this device to mix. And I supposed it was the goal of this iLok: have a hardware security to this ProTools, but without requiring the whole hardware with it to be launched.

Sometimes, I'd like also to open ProTools with my iLok plugged, just to export what I already recorded and mixed...

Can you confirm me this, please ? And maybe give me some solutions to work in this way ?

Thanks a lot for your answers,
Cheers,
Alexandre
Lets get rid of the double negatives

Pro Tools 9/10 requires an iLok and can use the computers CoreAudio or ASIO internal interface (or an extenal interface).

Pro Tools 9 MP also requires an iLok and is a price reduced/feature limited version that only works with an M-Audio branded interface. All this should be clear if you read the product info http://www.avid.com/us/products/protoolsmp or the documentation that came with it.

It's just marketing. If you want the greater features of Pro Tools (or Pro Tools HD) you pay for them. You can upgrade from Pro Tools MP 9 to Pro Tools 10 at some discount if you want those features. http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...07527273741024

Pro Tools MP seems stuck on version 9 and its not clear what is happening there or if Avid is going to really support this product or not moving forward, they are exiting a lot of their other consumer business, you are probalby better off for many reasons with Pro Tools 10.

Darryl