Thread: MTRX IO Delays
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 08:27 AM
Avid

Default Re: MTRX IO Delays

Yes, confirmed, this chart indicates 1/4 and 1/2 sample latency values via a European decimal convention.

best,

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Jeff,

From the MTRX operation guide (which has this chart but weirdly the MTRX Studio starts with the same text but has no chart), do you know what the second Dante numbers represents? Is one the module and one the card for Dante? The numbers seem weirdly fixed higher for one set.
(Also, the numbers are not explained in the text for the chart for why Dante has 2 sets and what each belongs to. I know the module is the Brooklyn II chipset. I have no idea what chipset the Dante add-on card uses and I wonder if the upcoming Brooklyn III chipsets, which the last MTRX firmware supports, will have different numbers. Add to all of that the SRC support on the add-on card which expands possible delays unless that is always fixed with or without.)
I've also wondered if the MADI modules (with transceivers), the built-in MADI, or the MADI add-on card have different delay numbers? Same for AES on chassis vs AES on the add-on card that has SRC possible? Maybe you can get Jan from DAD to chime in?

From a user-standpoint, though the MTRX has no options in Pro Tools hardware setup (since all of it is controlled by DADman), with the end of the HD interfaces, it'd be great (since some of these numbers are fixed) that there was a checkbox of options to tell Pro Tools what was in use by the MTRX for compensation. Taking the load off of users to figure this out and therefore allowing a more seamless compensation system. There or in I/O setup. (though, at this point, Pro Tools should have a manually key-able place, in samples, to correct for varying hardware since besides the MTRX, there are more modular choices out there. And not just inserts.)
MTRX FAQ