View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

Hi, I am having the same problem.... "no valid audio volume" error. I just installed the new 6.9 to my Powerbook running Tiger OS 6.4. My Glyph external HD isn't being recognized by PT? It shows up on the desktop & I can click on it and see all the old sessions and audio files in it.
I read your advise & did use Disk Utilities and do the "permissions" to the Mac drive and check the Glyph too! Both are recognizied. I tried the other suggestion, on another POST too: "Go to your window menu

Open Work Browser (Here you will see all your mounted drives)

Next to where it says "kind" you should see some letters, R (Record), P (Playback)or T (Transfer)

Click on the letter for each drive you have and change this to either playback or record." I tried that also..... no luck!

I get the same promped message " Glyph is not a valid audio volume" ?????
I did have the iLock key plugged in & the Glyph external HD hooked up firewire wise, when I did the INSTALL. Was that OK? I did read ALL the instructions.... I didn't see anything there that said (unplug those). So should I try and un-install and start over? Now here's something different..... after installing.... and when I did my FIRST LAUNCH (ProTools didn't ask for my registration number in the cover) for validation? So I believe something strange has happened? Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks.