View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 05:48 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 not suppressing Windows 7 menu functionality

Hello Avid community, I have an extremely frustrating and specific problem with Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7 OS that I desperately need help with.

Whenever I start a new session, blank or otherwise, my alt key and windows key still belong to the Windows OS. And what I mean by that is when I try to use the alt key in a keyboard shortcut such as import video file (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I) or even zooming (alt+scroll), the top left menu gets selected instead; allowing me quick access of File, Edit, etc. And the same thing goes for my windows key, except that it, of course, opens the start menu.

So this has basically left all keyboard shortcuts containing the alt key or the windows key off-limits to me which is very time consuming and burdensome.

This is the strange part, though. I mentioned at the beginning that it's only when I start a new session. If I open any previous Pro Tools session, the issue is gone. The alt key and windows key function as intended, and I am able to use all shortcuts related to those keys without any problems.

I've tried a number of troubleshooting options to no avail including but not limited to: registry edits, programs such as KeyTweak or AHK, System Restore, toggling Command Focus, and swapping-out keyboards.

At this point, I have no idea what else to try and would greatly appreciate any help or outside perspectives.

Thanks in advance,
Robbie