Thread: Track window
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Track window

There must be something overall wrong with your Pro Tools installation. I have never had an issue with recalling things like this (windows layouts.) In fact, it can be one of the most annoying thing when I receive sessions from other people since I get their layouts saved.

As for trashing preferences, on my system I rarely need to trash preferences (I've done it only once in 3 years and that was a troubleshooting step and it turned out to be something else; so I didn't need to do it that time either it turns out.) But I have had to do it on other people's setups.

I looked at your system details in your profile. Is that up-to-date? Could you fill in more details: Which version of Windows (including service pack numbers or Win 10 releases)? You are running 15GB RAM (which is odd) so I'm assuming you have DDR3 with 4GB x3 and 1GB x3? (only way I could think to make those numbers work.) What are your hard drives (internal/external) you are using and what type (SSD, spinners)? Which version of Pro Tools 10 (full numbers) are you on?

One thing I'd suggest is completely remove Pro Tools (every last trace), run sfc (System File Check) on Windows from a cmd window, run all operating system updates, run chkdsk /r /f on all drives from a cmd window, then reinstall Pro Tools to the last version of 10. Reboot between each of the steps above. I feel you possibly have a write permission error somewhere in your system that is keeping Pro Tools from saving these things.