View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 10:25 AM

Default Digi001 versus Mbox

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted in the DUC. I would appreciate some of your opinions on the following situation. I have a Digi001 running LE 5.3.1 on Windows XP. I have an outboard 12 channel mixer that I am using with the Digi001 so I am just using 2 I/O between the Digi001 and the mixer. All of my instruments go into the mixer. Instead of upgradeing to LE 6.1, I was considering selling the Digi001 and buying an Mbox with LE 6.1. I would like the flexibility of using the Protools with my notebook as well. So, my questions are.

1) Given the limited amount of info above, does this make any sense?

2) Is there any sound quality issues with USB versus the Digi001 PCI card?

3) Does using USB versus the Digi001 PCI card help with DAE errors and other compatibility issues? (for example, I have 2 profiles on my XP machine because Protools locks up if my Soundblaster Live card is enabled, so I have to disable it).

4) It looks like the Mbox comes with some plug-ins (Reason, Amplitude, T-Racks, etc.). But I read a post that said they were not included in the box and the CD was sent upon registration and the deal expire at the end of August. Are the plug-ins included or not?

Thanks,

Richard