View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 12:19 PM

Default Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaias

Can't say it hasn't been interesting. First this covid-19 stuff and now this storm coming up the US east coast. Looks like NJ is going to get hit hard with the storm appearing to track further west into Pennsylvania. Which means those of us in NJ will be on the side more prone to tornadoes if I'm right. I'm in Trenton and watching this thing like a hawk.

Had to cancel my long awaited dental appointment for tomorrow. Can't believe they're still seeing patients on Tuesday as when I talked to them this morning. This appointment was supposed to happen in February and between dislocating my left knee & covid-19 things got put off. Now scheduled for September 28.

Waiting to see if NJ governor will call a state of emergency for the storm - hasn't yet. Went to get gas in my Jeep Wrangler so if we need to boogie the three of us (me, wife & cat) can get out. Hopefully not.

Hopefully the power will stay up with the new substation that was put in to service in January. The ups's around here are having a heck of a time keeping up with the brownouts happening already. Like one of the fellows that came out to fix our chimney a few years back said: every time a mouse farts the power goes out around here.

So if anyone needs/wants my help please understand that I've got more important things to tend to. See you on the other side of this mess.

QAPLA!