View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Daisychaining Firewire and TB3

Hey musicman691, Darryl Ramm:)

I want to keep the Mojave 10.14.5, because Pro Tools works perfectly on this macOS.
It also works perfectly for the 003 control surface - as well as the other bullet-points - I have listed above.

I know this seems strange to a seasoned Mac user (such as yourself and probably most people on this forum), but I just want to install this version of Mojave on an external drive, i.e.: My external, 1TB NVMe Samsung X5.

I have never attempted anything like this before - because as I stated earlier: I have always installed everything on the internal drive.

Catalina, will be released soon - and I just want the option of booting up in Mojave 10.14.5…

To be honest, I am a bit concerned - as I have no idea what I am supposed to do, to achieve this.

So… To quickly summarise: I have bought an external, 1TB NVMe Samsung X5. And I hope to Run Mojave 10.14.5, on the external drive - so, Pro Tools (and everything I have listed), will work - UNTIL Catalina, eventually gets the ‘Ok’ from Avid. Incidentally, which will be some time next year. When Catalina is released late sept, I will install this on my internal drive.

I hope I have made myself clear to yourselves - and anyone reading this - what my intentions are :)

Perhaps, I am asking this question wrong - and there is a simple solution to this.

Thanks

Last edited by jamesleonard; 08-24-2019 at 11:46 AM.