Thread: Come On 20.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Come On 20.

You're welcome!

I came hard regarding the PT midi, because of bugs like the sample rounding and instrument track assigned wrong midi output when reopening sessions, issues, that are show stopper issues, all that should have been addressed many "Annual Plans" ago... Anyway, i avoid to use midi in PT like the plague.

I've used almost every DAW exists on Mac and there is none that covers everything one needs, it is always a compromise...
That's why, like you, we use more than one. Used to be Logic Pro and PT but Studio One took over Logic the last year or so.
I didn't like mixing in Logic so much and used PT for that task, but after working on some projects with Studio One, it served me really well in mixing too and stayed in a single DAW for producing and mixing....which is a real time saver when studio time is a luxury.
Also i like the Presonus attitude, with frequent updates, new features and fixes, free of charge inside the current version cycle. If you're in search for a PT replacement for a specific workflow, Studio One is a great option. Give it a try.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
Thank you for the information. I agree with many points, including the graphical interface of Cubase, which sometimes makes Fisher Price or Mattel. I am however less hard than you on lunch in PT, less developed than in Cubase but which has its advantages. Graphically, it's clearer. The Tempo track is superb. The ability to create more real-time delays than in Cubase, which is too limited. The PT swing is very good too. But PT must succeed in integrating all the midi functions into a single window, with no drop-down menu. Now we have four or five stupid windows and we're wasting time. Cubase also does not display markers in its midi edition. Disability!

I'll look better Studio One, but with PT, Cubase, Samplitude and Reaper, the wallet is tired!

It's yours!