View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Plug-in Automation with the click sound

Hello and thanks for welcoming me to the community,

I don't think there needs to be a 100% foolproof way to reproduce this issue in order to recognize it as a real reoccuring issue and to fix it. The co-driver doesn't need to die 100% of the time in order for a car-manufacturer to become alerted to the fact that the co-driver in their cars dies more often than the co-driver from Toyota and to fix the issue at hand.

All that really needs to be done is to create one session where this is the instance and fix the clicking-problem without using a work-around. More likely than not this will fix all the clicking-problems.

It is not the Users job to find the 100% foolproof way to reproduce the issue.. for the User the issue simply occurs and he can report it, but in reality he has to use a work-around and can't wait for Avid to fix it, because otherwise the track won't be done in time.
Finding the 100% foolproof way is the same as pinpointing the exact problem.. which is avids responsibility in my opinion.

I realize that you think not many people have this issue. But I think they do! And this is unfortunately where we'll have to disagree, without becoming disagreeable.

The reality is this: Most engineers just do what works and if something produces a clicking noise, they try to find a workaround. I myself have encountered this problem plenty of times before I finally took the time, registered on this forum, waited 6 days for posting-rights and posted on a topic that I had on a track nearly a week ago. Now be honest: How many people will do this? Not to sound overly self-glorifying.. but it's actually quite the heroic act on my side - once you think about it!

I recognized my pattern.. short-time, track by track fixes instead of encouraging/urging avid to fix this problem by making my voice heard and finding a long-time fix. This post stands for thousands of engineers who simply do what gets their track done, instead of doing what solves problem on the long-run for everyone - and I used to be one of those!

I think I'm doing the right thing here by doing what won't fix the track (that I fixed via work-arounds) and instead "simply complaining". If only more people took the time to complain the world would be a better place!

No need to thank me for the complaining, happy to oblige!

PS: No idea what you mean when you say "supported configuration" but if windows 10 and a BabyfacePro is supported, I'd say I have it. Another sidenote: Freezing the track and such won't fix the issue. If I was going to try to reproduce the issue I'd take something like a base-track and put some heavy-eq with some saturation on it.. bypassing the plugin at a point where the audio-wave is not at zero. And if I tried that a bunch I'd try it while there is some reverb on it etc.