Thread: -9173 errors...
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 05:26 AM

Default Re: -9173 errors...

I’ve been experiencing this at the studio I own. We work with everyone from James Cameron to Sam Smith and this is simply not acceptable. I’ve almost taken legal recourse against Avid in the past in 2012/2013. I will not hesitate to file action against them if they continue to blatantly disregard these issues. I have not seen anyone from Avid respond on these forums. All of us are customers, many of which of us have paid 50k plus for these systems to be loaded with 3rd party plug-ins in order to conduct business. If ableton and logic are able to run without providing CPU errors, pro tools must as well. Considering they are what has been considered an industry standard for a decade or more.

If reached out to their senior support on Friday. So far it’s been weeks with this issue, I’m giving them a week to respond with a suitable fix or workaround.

I cannot even bounce a 3 minute session with 50 tracks. This is in a dual 6 core i9 2019 MacBook with 4 tb SSD and 64 gigs of ram. The highest end computer Apple was producing until the Mac Pro which we now have on order as well.

Changing to a different daw isn’t event an option considering that we can’t bounce a full track.

Avid has us by the balls and I yet no one is pissed enough to actually do anything?

I’ve seen this from Avid before. This is not new unfortunately and they will not provide assistance until someone stands up and fights.