View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Quick Nexus 2 Install question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
When Installing Nexus 2 on a Win-7 PC...is it possible to put the program on my C drive and the content folder with the samples on a different drive during installation? I haven't started the process yet, but wondered if that would be possible. If not, I may have to juggle some things around as my C drive is getting full.
Hey Donald

Just that exact question have been asked by several of us here in sweden and it seems like you have to install the Nexus2 content where it wants to be knstalled. Nexus makes its own content folder and thats where it places the expansions. We havent tried to move that as it ain't more than 17-18GB with all the expansions we have.

Also VERY IMPORTANT. When you installed NEXUS and authorized the eLicenser, you have to go into your account when you acces and buy expansions and download BOTH the Expansion and the Authorization file to the desktop, import them into Nexus from the system menu and press "desktop" If you place these files you wanna import anywhere else on the computer you will have issues and it won't authorize anything. We tried to download to another folder and Nexus refused to import the licenses into itself unless you have them on the desktop.

Allt this is covered in the manual and make sure to follow that to the T if you wanna have it working. reFX have AWESOME support and after MAX 30 minutes of sending in a support Ticket you have an answer mainly from Michael or Jessica and they solve everything right then and there. You pay nothing and it is one of the best support divisions I have ever seen

Sorry to go off topic here but back to your question, I would not move the sound expansions nor the library that comes with Nexus2. Inhave a ticket in for another question regarding our Vanguard and I will ask if we can move the libraries later on and let you know right away

Best of Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————