View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 05:36 PM

Default Re: PLEASE Vote here to kill this MIDI bug inside Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAXLTD View Post
Thanks for the votes!

jscomposer: look closely at the BAR LINE in both shots. The note should start at the same place in the actual timeline. In this case, the downbeat of Bar 12. The actual note appears to be in different locations when looking at the midi edit window and the session edit window.
To me it looks like the note starts at the bar line in both screenshots. I marked up your screenshot to show it. ("untitled" attached) It's hard to tell because you have the insertion ON the bar line in the main edit window, and slightly after the bar line in the MIDI edit window. Unless the bar line in under the insertion in both windows and you got some other line to the left of it in the MIDI edit window.

Anyway, I *think* I'm able to replicate what you might be talking about, and I don't think it's a bug. With the "bars|beats" ruler selected, in the MIDI edit window you can write MIDI notes in between samples, and then they're locked to that in-between position when you drag the note. In the main edit window, they always line up to the "start" of each sample (actually the midpoint, if you just move the cursor around the note's beginning and watch the sample number change). "midi2" & "midi3" attached show me dragging a MIDI note from one sample to another, and it's off by the same amount because that's where I had the cursor when writing the note. This looks like an inconsequential graphic peculiarity, not a bug. (Maybe that's a distinction without a difference? Lol) It'd probably be ideal to have MIDI notes written at the start or midpoint of each sample in both windows, regardless of which ruler is selected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (21.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg midi1.jpg (34.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg midi2.jpg (27.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg midi3.jpg (28.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by moshuajusic; 01-10-2017 at 06:01 PM.