View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Will elastic audio ever get fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
don't worry about undetected.. better to add a couple of needed ones manually in analysis view..

then in warp view you move them where they need to go.

I prefer this to over detection with rogue markers everywhere..

Well you asked to tell you more.. I am not sure exactly what to tell you.. I learned it by watching you tube videos, the first one was aligning a bass to be in time and a guitar and i just kept practising from there.

I am not saying logic flex isn't good or even great, and to be honest that's one of the best features of that DAW.. but it's fundamental problems in it's mixing engine is why i left it and went to PT in the first place.. after 20 *years* !

Elastic audio works a bit differently but with x form gets similar results. It's not as simple as just grabbing the mouse and dragging anywhere like with flex, you have to first place the markers in the correct place in analysis view.. then when you shift click one in warp view it will activate the one you click then one either side of it so you can move just that section to beat without affecting anything else. I have a sincere feeling you might be doing something wrong "SomeOtherGuy".. not a dig at you by any means..

Of course there is no graphical elastic pitch in PT.. yet.. for those who own melodyne, don't forget you can use it for elastic style edits for any audio you import in it.. it can do time as well.. you may prefer the work flow of that...you could even try the inexpensive melodyne essentials and it might do exactly what you need.

Remember:
beat detective for multitracked drums.. i have watched many videos on this and they get *flawless* results.. and elastic audio for individual tracks.
I though maybe you had a new tip I wasn't aware of. I've sadly already tried everything you mentioned many, many times, and it really just comes down to the quality of the algorithm. At this point in time, Logic's is better.

I also routinely use Melodyne to quantize certain audio, and while it's usually better than x-form, it still creates more artifacts than Logic.

I also use BD for audio sometimes too, it depends. At least it's just chopping and crossfading, not squeezing or expanding audio, so sometimes it works.

It just that in Logic it's so much quicker. Don't anyone think I'm saying I want to switch back to Logic, because I don't. There are many reasons why I chose to move to Pro Tools from Logic. But Elastic Audio wasn't one of them.