Thread: best vocal mic
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 09:45 AM

Default Re: best vocal mic

Quote:
We just finished recording an Opera live in NYC and we used two center mics going to two discreet record tracks and would then decide which mic to go with as the center track in an LCR stereo recording. The two center mics were a Nuemann U87i and a NADY SCM1000. Everyone from the singers, composer and musicians to the producers and engineers down liked the $99.00 NADY SCM1000 over the $2000.00 Nuemann!! Personally I agree (on this job I simply rented the equipment and provided technical assistance). I've been quite amazed at how good these condensors sound against Mics costing significantly more. And I love and use my Nuemann a lot. In fact the entire VO track for the Sundance winning documentary "Super Size Me" was recorded with the Nuemann.
People laugh at me when I talk about this mic, but that Nady SCM-1000 is a suprisingly nice mic! I find myself using it more and more. I would really like to see what some other think of this mic.

I don't have any serious high dollar mics. My mic of choice is a Shure KSM32. It is really smooth and works great for close mic vocals. I am planning on picking up a Rode NTK (must see what the rave is) or a TLM 103 in the future.
Windows 10 Pro 1909
ASUS X-99 II
Intel i7
32GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
www.doylemusic.com