View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 10:03 AM

Default Re: I Got Pro Tools 7.3 to recognize 2.7GB of memory- Here\'s

HD does a lot of things in hardware. it could be that is the limiting factor.

HD may require a different file to be patched. Something to look into.

I was hoping that this would work with both platforms and that pending 64-bit support that we might have got Digi to offer the patched .EXE's even if unsupported.

We need 64 bit support sooner than later, If would be nice to see Digi work on this after all of the Leopard updates are out. Digi has promised equal Mac/PC support and while it will run on both platforms there is no 64 bit support for Windows. While one can argue that there is only one version of OSX and its 64 bits the truth is that Windows XP Pro has been out since 2005? or so. While adoption of Windows Xp Pro 64 was been quite slow but from what I understand a very high percentage of new OEM computers are coming with 64 Bit Vista so the time has come to look into 64 Bit Pro Tools.

Equal platform support should strive to be just that.

For heavy VI users the 1.6 GB limit as it stands can be crippling. A official patch even if unsupported would help immensely. A solution for HD owners would be nice assuming it its possible.

This has been extremely usefull thread and Digi has let it live which would not happened several years ago.

We should start a feature request in the General Discussion forum with links from all three windows forums and get the Maudio, PTHD, and PTLE guys all standing in the same line. We can all get behind this until true 64 bit support comes.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88