View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 10:46 PM

Default Re: I am having a problem with recording with my set-up.

Okay everyone, here is the big update to all these questions with hard drives.

The MacBook Pro I have is a mid 2009 13" model. It has a very specific hard drive specs and I was never able to get the WD Black 2.5" 500 Gb drive to work properly at all, ever. I have to get a drive that matches the specs of this MBP.

So I removed it and had to install the original hard drive to be able to use this to go on the internet and my other home/school uses.

As for my PC, everything worked great until just about a month ago. One of my four 250 Gb Seagate Barracuda drives failed. I use two as back-ups.

At that time I decided to update this machine to Windows 8 and PT 10. But I could not get everything to run smoothly. So since PT 9 was running well before the hard drive crash, I decided to reinstall that version of PT to it.

I have not been able to run a session since I reinstalled everything after running Dirk's Boot and Nuke to erase the WD Black drive. The problem I am having is in another thread I started titled "ASIO Priorties, X32, Windows 7.1 and Pro Tools 9.0.6" becuase of this problem. I hope I get answer to this conundrum. And yeah, I was right in the middle of another job, too.

But to close here, I would like to "Thank" all who commented and for the valuable advise I recieved at that time to get up and running ... BUT mostly I wanted to let you know the out come of this thread.

OH YEAH ... I had another thread of using the X32 as an controller with Pro Tools. And, No ... I still haven't been able to get that to work either but it wasn't necessary for any of the work I had picked up then or now.

Other than this new quirk, the X32 is a wonderful board that I set up as a 16 X 16 console which allows me to track, set-up multiple and custom returns from the card to use as fold back, sub mixes and it makes quick work of set-ups to isolate things for tweaking, routing to outboard effects or other processors. I believe I have only really scratched the surface of its' capabilities. So I have no complaints with it per say, I just want to get working again with PT.

Once again thanks, any this is a closed thread to me

Crooked Tour Guy (John A. B.)