View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 05:50 PM

Default Re: I am having a problem with recording with my set-up.

The Cruel Truth,

Well me friends, if there is a moral to this story ... well, tell me because I cannot find it.

First off the Rack Mount PC, 3.0Gb Core2 Quad, 8 Gb RAM, Nvida Card, 3 drive swappable SATA bay and a CD/DVD disc writer using Window 8.1 with the following additional software; Pro Tools 9.0.6, Waves Platinum/API/Tune, Uuniversal Audio PCi UAD-2 Quad, EMU Emulator X2, SampleTank 2.5 and CD Architect; using a Behringer X-32 as the interface going through JBL Control 1s, Peavey 308 w/Orange County Speakers and SonaDyne 2.1 monitors is working but I need a bit more practice on it to get it get.

The 13" Apple Mac Book Pro, a Mid 2009 build, 2.53 Gb Core 2 Duo, 8 Gb RAM, 320 Gb Hitachi 5400 rpm HD and a Superdrive. Is back together in its' original form. I for some reason or another could not get pass OS X 10.5.8 nor could I load or update to OS X 10.6.0 from the CD I bought in January 2010.

The only solution which may have a chance of working in the cloning method which was suggested by Darryl Ramm.

It took me a while top find a computer shoop that would do it and then the cheapest to do it was $40.00 and I had to leave my drives there for at least 48 to 60 hrs before it would be done.

Since then I have found 'Alternative Cloning" aparadi. They range from simple SATA connector to USB/Firewire/Thuderbolt connectors. The range in price from around $6.00 at the low and up to about $30.00 depending on what you get with it.

The other competing device is and cloning dock. It can either clone a drive placed in the device that is connected to a computer or you can place both drive in the device and it will clone one to other. most come with options for 3.5" drives and 2.5 drives either the same or mixed in the unit. Pricing here starts at about
$35.00 and goes up with most consumer use models being around $60.00 to
$100.00.

It is something I am going to have to decide on what to do here next month, so we will, see what happens.

It is time to get back to learning-up my new set-up real good so I can started on a couple of small projects I have here now. More, when "It" happens and how it all works out in the end is an on going saga for right now.

All I can say now is, "Try and have some fun out there today because not only do you most likely deserve some, but you know I am going be trying to do so, too.

CTG