View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 01:58 PM

Default Managing I/O settings from session to session.

hey Folks,

I'm just wondering how people manage I/O Setup/files....

PT doesn't seem to save this info with the session and reload when I open the session at a later point, usually after creating new sessions. Do you guys running studios with high workload save seperate I/O files along with the session? is there a way to do this automatically? or maybe it is just the way I'm approaching I/O management that causes a few issues. I try to keep consistency in naming busses and with I/O's tabs I just keep the default naming unless I really need to name something.

I have a I/O template setup that matches session template which also matches a scene setup on my TF5. This all works really well. I have a session template which I use to start a standard session. But with and during the process of recording...etc....etc.... the I/O setup is modified, mostly adding internal busses....etc...etc...yadda...yadda... which can vary from session to session.

Whats happens sometimes if a load a previous session I get miss-matches in the I/O setup having been changed/modified in the previous session. I then have to go back through and rename (actually mostly I just create new busses so if I jump back a session nothing has changed) modify the I/O setup.

I'm not sure why these I/O profiles aren't saved to the session and reloaded when the session is reloaded. Which leads me to believe I am probably doing something wrong with either house keeping or maybe there is a switch/option that I haven't set. I know I can select an I/O profile when creating a new session but there doesn't appear to be an option when you reload a session.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————