View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11 - Supported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
As a quick try in PT11 demo I seem to get embedded rig settings. Since I didn't want to wake the wife up this early in the AM I called up a previously rendered audio from MIDI track in PT11. Added a new audio track. Set the output of the first audio track to 11R reamp and the input of the second track to 11 rig L/R out and hit record. After the new track was done recording the old track I hit stop. Changed rigs on the 11R front panel. Right clicked the newly recorded audio and selected Load Guitar Rig Settings and lo and behold the 11 Rack changed to what I had the newly recorded track set to (still can't get used to instead of seeing the patch on the 11R I used come up on the 11R screen but seeing the name of the audio region/clip that had the embedded settings).

To be sure I wasn't fooling myself I muted the newly created audio track, created an aux track with the 11R rig L/R out as the input, imported some more audio on yet another track with that track's output set to reamp, changed rigs on the 11R and hit play to satisfy myself stuff was actually changing on the 11R. I then recalled the embedded rig settings from the audio track recorded in the first paragraph by right clicking that audio and selecting Load Guitar Rig Settings, the 11R changed as it should and I had the same rig setup as recorded/embedded in the first paragraph.

So yes, it is possible, at least on a Mac, to have embedded rig settings. It's just a pain not having the onscreen editor to change things on the 11R chassis. I wonder if part of the problem here is Avid adding in PT11 the check box to embed 11R rig settings into the Input section of the I/O window? Almost like Avid hasn't settled on how they're implementing the whole 11 Rack deal.

Hope this all makes sense.
Good to know its working on OSX. Now Im wondering if its a Windows problem, a Windows 8 problem, or just something specific to my PC.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio