View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 12:21 PM

Default Re: CPU spikes? NO! ***sigh*** yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Have a look at this thread.

And how much RAM do you have and where are your sessions. More information means more help.

Be sure to do ALL the optimizations.
I have 16GB of RAM

So after having done as many of the optimizations as possible, given that I don't have another interface or a disk image that's pre-RME, after installing AISO4ALL I've actually affected a marked change in behavior...not MY behavior...Pro Tools's behavior.

All below is at 128 sample buffer at 88.2kHz in a 35 track session with a mix session's worth of plugs, including several instances of Melodyne and several tracks with elastic audio enabled, which in the past has been no problem.

The first time a hit play with AISO4ALL as the device of choice in PT setup, it played back but it stuttered really badly.

Hit stop, hit play, stuttered for a few seconds and then played back smooth.

Hit stop, hit play, stuttered and wouldn't stop stuttering

Hit stop, hit play, played back clean and has every time since, including after reboot.

Playback has been THROUGH the RME, but apparently using the generic USB codec...question mark?

I'd swear it sounds better that way than it did using the RME driver at higher buffer sizes. But that's totally subjective. Probably just due to being relieved to hear a clean signal for once.

And NO CPU spikes. Not even close. It's not working hard at all.

This is all good and I can mix this way, but I need all of my ins for obvious reasons if I'm gonna record a band, and all my outs for headphone distro. So I have to get the RME driver to work.

Thoughts from the experts? Do I need to get RME involved at this point?